If you’re in charge of planning a fun team building event for your corporate group, you’ll want to think outside of the box. Lots of team building ideas have been used over and over again, which means they can become quite boring. That’s why coming up with something unique is key! What better way to make your team feel like they’re on top of the world than hosting a virtual game show team building event!
Hosting your own virtual game show team building event is a great way to get everyone in your group excited and engaged. By coming up with creative ideas and choosing a game show that fits your group’s interests, you’re sure to have a successful event! Plus, it can be super easy to plan out your event if you take ideas from already popular game shows and use them to create the perfect event for your group.
Planning Your Virtual Game Show Event
There are a few things you’ll need to keep in mind when planning your event. First, you’ll want to come up with some fun ideas for the game show. This can be anything from trivia questions to physical challenges. You can even come up with your own unique games! Whatever you choose, make sure it’s something that everyone in your group will be able to enjoy.
Because you’re planning a virtual event, you will want to make sure that you are choosing an event that will be suitable for playing virtually. You can still incorporate physical activities, but you might want to pass on any that require more than one person. (For example, a game of tug of war just won’t work, but a hula hoop competition might!)
Next, you’ll need to create a way for employees to participate. This can be done through an online platform or even by phone. You’ll want to make sure everyone has a chance to play, no matter where they are located. The great thing about hosting your game show event virtually is that all employees, whether working remote or in-person, will be able to participate and observe. Make sure well in advance that everyone knows exactly how they’ll be able to join and participate. This can mean sending out an explanatory email, an invite link to a Zoom meeting, or simply a quick text message to employees letting them know they’ll need to download a program to play along.
Finally, you’ll need to choose a date and time for the event that works for everyone. Once you’ve nailed down all the details, it’s time to get the party started!
Allow Us to Plan Your Event For You!
As experienced leaders in the team building industry, we, here at Team Building Unlimited, know exactly how to plan and execute the ultimate team building event.
Our virtual game show event, called The Q Challenge, is not only a ton of fun, it’s also one of our most popular and most requested events.
The Q Challenge team building event is made up of 6 to 8 different games that team members will have to participate in in order to earn points and win the game. We have a wide variety of games on deck that are perfect for any group, plus we can easily customize the event to fit your specific needs.
Our virtual game show even lasts between 1 to 2 hours. It can be played with a group that has a minimum of 10 people and a maximum of 100 people.
Our entertaining hosts will plan the event, host all of the games, and keep your entire team laughing the whole time!
Thinking of hosting an in-person game show event? We offer that, too! Our Ultimate Game Show event can be customized to be an in-person event, a virtual event, or a hybrid event.
If you’re looking to plan an unforgettable team building event, allow us to take care of everything for you! Contact us today and let us know what you have in mind. We promise you won’t be disappointed.
Game Shows that You Can Recreate for Your Event
We recommend thinking of your favorite game shows, thinking about the goals of your team building event, considering what your group members may be interested in playing, and then trying to mimic or recreate a similar game that already exists!
The Weakest Link
There are a few popular game shows that hosts can mimic when putting their event together. One of our favorites is The Weakest Link. This game show is perfect for team building because it challenges employees to work together in order to win. The questions are usually general knowledge based, so everyone in the group can participate. Additionally, The Weakest Link is a timed game show, which means that the pressure is on to answer quickly and accurately!
If you’re looking for something a little more lighthearted, we recommend trying out Family Feud. This game show is all about giving teams the opportunity to show off their knowledge (or lack thereof) about popular culture. Plus, who doesn’t love watching teams battle it out for the chance to win big bucks?
Wheel of Fortune
Wheel of Fortune is another well-known game show that you can try to recreate. This game show is perfect for groups that want to test their knowledge of random facts. Plus, the Wheel of Fortune provides plenty of opportunities for teams to guess letters and solve puzzles together.
Minute to Win It
If you’re looking for something with a bit more of a competitive edge and bit more physical, why not try out Minute to Win It? This game show is all about completing tasks in 60 seconds or less. This can be a great way to get employees working together as they compete against each other.
Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader
A trivia-style game show, Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader, can be very easy to mimic for your virtual team building event. This game show is perfect for groups that want to test their general knowledge. Plus, the questions get progressively harder as the game goes on, so it’s sure to provide a challenge for even the smartest employees!
A really fun idea is to try to create a game of Cash Cab. This game show is all about getting teams of players to answer questions correctly in order to win money. This can be a great way to get employees thinking on their feet and working together as they compete for the chance to win big bucks!
The Price is Right
The Price is Right is another classic game show that can be easily recreated virtually. This game show is all about guessing the correct prices of everyday items. This can be a fun way for groups to test their knowledge of current prices and see who comes out on top.
Another great option is Jeopardy!. This game show is perfect for groups that are looking for a mental challenge. The questions can be difficult, but they’re always fun and interesting. Plus, who can resist the classic theme song?
Create Your Own Game Show
If you want to get really creative, you can even come up with your own unique game show! This can be a great way to test employees’ knowledge on specific topics or just to have some fun. Trivia Crack is a great example of a game that can be easily adapted for a virtual team building event. With questions ranging from entertainment to history, this game can be tailored to fit any group’s interests.
Get Creative with Your Questions!
When creating your questions for the game show, it’s important to get creative! You’ll want to come up with questions that are interesting and engaging. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
– Trivia questions about current events, popular culture, or history: Trivia is a super fun (and relatively easy) way to create a fun game show for your team. You can easily look up some themed trivia questions and create a list to ask during your event. Just make sure to keep track of the answers!
– Name that Tune style questions: Name that tune is another relatively simple game to play with your group. Plus, it’s super easy to play virtually! Make a playlist of some well-known songs (and to up the difficulty level, some not-so-well-known ones!) and then play them at the meeting. Whoever is first to answer wins a point! You can even make different playlists for different genres and allow each participant to choose a genre Jeopardy-style.
– Questions that require teams to work together in order to solve a puzzle or problem: These are perfect because, well, it is a team building event after all! If you can get your team to work together in any way at all, your virtual game show will only serve as an even stronger bonding experience.
– Word Association questions: This is a word game that requires participants to exchange words that would be commonly associated together. There are a few different variations of word association games that you can play.
– Scavenger Hunt style questions: A scavenger hunt is a great game to play virtually, as everyone can participate right from the comfort of their own homes. Make a list of household items and call them out one by one. Team members will have to search their homes, find the items, and return back to the meeting to earn a point. Everyone has a pretty even and random chance to win, because there’s an equal chance that they’ll have any of the random items you can come up with.
– Physical challenges that can be completed online or over the phone: Although you’re meeting virtually, there ARE physical challenges that you can play with your team during the call! You can host challenges that your team can play right at home. For example, something like a hula hoop challenge, a push-up challenge, or a jump rope challenge.
– Quiz questions about the company: This is a great way to test your team’s knowledge about the company! Come up with a list of quiz questions related to the company’s history, products, and services. Not only will this be fun for employees, but it can also be a great way to learn more about the business.
– Quiz questions about the company culture or employees: One fun way to incorporate questions is to create a trivia quiz that is specific to your employees and/or company culture! This might be about silly company inside jokes or common knowledge about the norm around the office. This is a super fun way to help your team to bond over the memories they have already created together.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to creating a virtual game show event! With a little bit of creativity, you’re sure to come up with some questions that will have everyone entertained. Just be sure to keep track of the answers (or have someone keeping track for you!) so that there can be a victor at the end of your game show.
More Virtual Team Building Event Ideas
If you’re looking for more ideas than just the virtual game show, we are here to help!
One event that is similar to our The Q Challenge and Ultimate Game show events is The Ultimate Trivia Challenge. This is a trivia-focused event that involves a variety of different trivia questions.
Another one of our most requested events is our virtual Bingo Bongo event. This is basically a game of bingo that is hosted by our entertaining, zany hosts. We’ll have everyone laughing as they play this classic game!
Also, be sure to check out our list of 28 awesome virtual team building event ideas! We came up with some really unique event ideas and you’re sure to find something that works perfect for your group.